Dear friends and family,
I’m safe and have arrived in Targu-Mures, my home for the following semester.
The last week has been a whirlwind, so I’ll start with the main bullet points:
- Spent a week in Helsinki. Managed two sauna trips with my AFS friend Sara, lots of coffee, and visits to museums.
- Took a day trip to Tallinn, Estonia, with Sara and new friends Rachel and Shasha.
- Woke up at 3:30 am in order to make my 6am flight to Bucharest, via Berlin.
- Fulbright orientation in Bucharest: so many cool people, so much information. Reception dinner: so much food.
- Fulbright adventure to Peles and Pelisor castles. Another meal.
- Drive to Targu-Mures with my faculty contact, Corina.
And here I am. Exhausted. Happy. Excited. Still without Romanian SIM card. (Soon, friends. The freedom of cellular data will be mine!)
I want to write about everything that has happened in the past week, but honestly, it’s all gone by so quickly my mind hasn’t caught up yet. I’ve been so lucky to be surrounded by friends, old and new, to keep me sane.
The next adventures include:
- Finding an apartment
- Teaching (starting Wednesday!)
- Getting my residency permit
- Romanian lessons (starting in November)
- And countless more I can’t imagine
I’ll check in again soon–lots is happening, and I’m excited to share.